By using this Website you acknowledge and agree to this disclaimer.
Use of this Website and the related products and/or services shall be governed by, and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Use of this website or the information, products and services available on this website is at the user’s own risk. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Regent Insurance Company Limited, Regent Life Assurance Company or any of its subsidiaries (“Regent”) accepts no liability whatsoever relating to any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from the information on this website, your use of this website or any actions or transactions resulting there from.
Regent makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, as to the operation, integrity, availability or functionality of this website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information obtained from this Website.
Regent also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the products, information or files available on this website are free of viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise or jeopardise the operation or content of a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise or jeopardise the operation or content of a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software.
Regent accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions on this website. Regent may, in its sole discretion, at any time, suspend or terminate the operation of this website or any of the products or services provided in terms of this website, without prior notice.
Notwithstanding the fact that this website may refer to and/or provide links to other websites, your use of such other websites is entirely at your own risk and Regent is not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such other websites. Regent also does not endorse, warrant or make any representations about the content, products, services, security or reliability of such other websites.
All rights reserved.
The following statements describe how we treat your personal information collected electronically when you use the Regent Website:
- Regent respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take care to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential. Regent will only disclose, collate and process (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission, unless we are legally required to do so. Regent will therefore not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give Regent your express written permission to do so, or unless Regent is permitted or required to do so by law.
- In order to make your use of the Regent Website as valuable as possible, it is necessary for the following disclosed reasons for Regent to collect your personal information:
- to process your instructions or requests; or
- to ensure that we meet your needs we would need to analyse your personal information for research and statistical purposes. We may also use your personal information to personalise and tailor our services to meet your needs; or
- to conduct market research.
- Your privacy is important to us and we will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use, without your written consent.
- Regent intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Regent has implemented appropriate technical and organisational information security measures to ensure that your information is secure, accurate, current, and complete.
To monitor and improve the website, Regent may use technology to gather information about your use of the website including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, and IP address (the IP address is a string of numbers that tells us which server you are using but does not identify you). The process of gathering the information uses a technology known as “cookies”.